International Experts

Our immigration department serves as a central resource concerning visa and immigration issues for employees. We know that moving to a new country is challenging and we strive to simplify the immigration process and act as an advocate for you and your eligible family members. Our immigration staff processes any necessary U.S. work visas and dependent family member visas, and coordinates the application process for any foreign visas required by employees who need to travel overseas on business.

The In-house Advantage

Our in-house expertise allows us to immediately respond to questions concerning the intricate legal issues surrounding immigration and permits us to provide immediate feedback on the status of applications. Our experienced staff and an in-house immigration attorney are available to answer your questions or provide guidance on any immigration issue.

Work Visas

There are many types of temporary visas, or “non-immigrant” visas, that allow a person to enter the United States for a limited amount of time and for a specific purpose. Eligibility for these visas is governed by unique requirements, and each of these visas allows the holder to stay for different periods of time. The primary types of temporary visas that allow for employment in the U.S. with CTS are H1-B, TN, and E-3 visas.

The primary advantage in applying for a temporary visa over a permanent visa is the speed in which it is issued. Temporary visas generally take only a few months to obtain, whereas permanent visas can take several years. In addition, permanent visas are usually much harder to qualify for.

The limitations on temporary visas vary with each type of visa. In general, these types of visas allow entry into the U.S. for only a specific period of time and often limit employment to the company that originally sponsored the petition.

Permanent Visas and Green Cards

Permanent visas, symbolized by the receipt of a “green card,” allow a foreign national to permanently live and work in the U.S. A green card holder, officially a Lawful Permanent Resident, may generally enjoy all of the rights and share the same obligations as a U.S. citizen, with exceptions relating to political activity. After five years (or three if you are married to a U.S. citizen), a green card holder can apply for U.S. citizenship, though this is not required.

Green cards can be obtained in a number of different ways, but the primary avenues are family sponsorship and employment sponsorship. An immediate family relative who holds U.S. citizenship or a green card can sponsor you for a green card, as can a U.S. employer who offers a permanent, full-time job.

In general, it will take at least one year (and possibly longer) to complete the entire green card application process.

International Deployment

CTS is your connection to jobs across borders—in locations around the globe. Professionals seeking work opportunities outside the U.S. will find all of the resources needed to travel for work, right here at CTS.

Not only do we help to get you connected to exciting job opportunities around the world, but we also provide the international expertise you will need to ease the complication of traveling. Our team of international experts can process the international visas needed to get you where you want to be.

We also provide relocation assistance to help ease the transition of overseas deployment by helping you plan and make arrangements for your move prior to your departure date.

Contact Our International Experts

We'd be happy to talk with you in more detail about our international services. Call us today at 425.451.0051 or 877.878.2992.